Academic Notice/ Student of Concern

Academic Notice

Instructors monitor student progress in each class; if a student encounters difficulties significant enough to endanger her/his credit in the course the instructor will issue an Academic Notice.

Academic Notices are also distributed to the Academic Dean, the student’s academic advisor, the Care Team, and the Athletic Director (if appropriate). Academic Notices are typically submitted prior to midterm before the deadline for withdrawing from a class; however, if student behavior or performance raises concerns earlier in the semester, an Academic Notice may be sent by the instructor to the student and the Academic Dean. Academic Notices may also be sent after midterm if student performance or behavior changes significantly.

Behaviors that might lead to either an Academic Notice or a Student of Concern being submitted include, but are not limited to 1) excessive absences; 2) poor exam results; 3) limited class participation; 4) negligence in assignments; 5) poor results in written assignments; or 6) sleeping in class or unkempt appearance. The intent of these notifications is to maximize the student’s chances for success.

Click here to submit an Academic Notice/Student of Concern Form

Student of Concern

The form below is one way you can share that you are concerned about a student.  This form may be submitted at any time, however, response may be delayed after hours, on weekends, or on University holidays.  If you have immediate concerns about the health or safety of a student, or of the Brescia community, please call Campus Security at 270-686-4300 (Ext. 4300).    If there is an active emergency, call 911 immediately.

Provide as much information as you can on the form below.  The more information you can provide us, the better we can serve the student you are concerned about.  If you provide your contact information, we may get in touch with you to get more information prior to contacting the student.  We do everything we can to preserve your anonymity if you request, but cannot promise complete confidentiality. Someone from the CARE Team or designee will reach out to provide the student support and resources.  If you would prefer to discuss your concern with someone, you can call Counseling Services at 270-686-4282 (Ext. 4282).

Click here to submit an Academic Notice/Student of Concern Form